tumblr friendships are hard to maintain like im sorry i know i havent talked to you in 5 months but you’re still super rad and i still consider us friends im just dumb
why do so many people despise musicals with such a fiery passion
what are you afraid of?? joy???
I am physically miserable right now and I just want it to stop!!!!!!!!!
Cinderella (1997) - Brandy (Cinderella), Paolo Montalban (Prince Christopher), Whoopi Goldberg (Queen Constantina), and Victor Garber (King Maximillian)
the only version of cinderella that matters
So, um fuck you jobs that make me fill out application type stuff TWICE!!!! You’re telling me in this day and age you can’t transfer this shit over? Seriously Fuck you.
If anybody ever makes you feel bad about fan fiction remind them that Wicked is basically a Wizard of Oz college AU and it’s a best selling novel and one of the most popular musicals on Broadway
Game of Thrones Cast SDCC 2014 Portraits by Entertainment Weekly (x)
Rules: In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag [ten] friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make sure you let your friends know you’ve tagged them.
I’ve been tagged twice! Ahhh I love/hate you guys cause this list took a lot of time to make, as in a few weeks! I got the first 7 done and then I was like uh uh uh WHAT THREE BOOKS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT TO ME!?!?!?!
1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling I learned to read with Harry Potter. I was a stubborn child and refused to read because my momma would read stories to me. So when she refused to read me Harry Potter I took the book and sat in the red leather chair and just read. My parents didn’t believe me, so they quizzed me. And found out that I had an amazing speed and ability to retain info.
2. The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher I like how I got introduced to the dresden files. I was working backstage at a rental with J. And we always used to just sit and read. And he just burst out laughing, so I asked him why. And he says “The spirit border’s been waggling back and forth like a hooker at a dockworker’s convention.” Well later on I got Storm Front and I was HOOKED!
3. Which Witch? by Eva Ibbitson Any of Miss Ibbitson’s fantasy books could really be on this list. But I always liked that the dark and nasty things, the things we categorize as “Evil” weren’t the real bad guys. I think that this theme that traveled through out a lot of her books really taught me a lot of tolerance and to examine the beliefs of those around me.
4. Cosmere Books by Brandon Sanderson I was given the mistborn trilogy as a 19th birthday present by J. This was the first book I’d read about an abused female protagonist that got it RIGHT. This book helped me explain myself when trying to heal from years of emotional abuse. And then he did it again, even more accurate to my own personal situation with Shallan. These books are now crucial to how I view myself. So thanks J.
5. The Sea of Trolls by Nacy Farmer This is the book that helped me reconnect with my heritage. It may be a fantasy but its how I learned a lot about vikings and really learned about shield maidens and fell in love with the concept. Also Thorgil and Jack’s bickering is awesome!
6. Tricksters Choice and Tricksters Queen by Tamora Pierce You gotta love Tamora Pierce. And Aly was kind of freaking awesome, and also possibly the inspiration for me to dye my hair blue. Like a lot of the books on this list I really need to re read them because my memories got whiped when I went thru surgery.
7. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray This story was so important to me growing up. This book helped me connect and cope with my sexuality a bit. I really want to go back and reread the series because my sexuality has changed SO MUCH since then.
8. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green When I went through the great post cancer break up, I could not cope with the world around me. So I choose to dive into books. At this point I was blaming the break up on the cancer, and this book made me feel like I was lovable again. It gave me hope, even in what was one of my darkest hours.
9. The Bible by God I grew up christian, I no longer offer up my faith to him. But it did shape me. In fact it was a bible as lit class that I took that put the final nail in the coffin. I may not choose to give him my devotion, but as a sadly important part of our culture I feel the need to keep one on hand when I’m living somewhere.
10. The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke I loved this book, unfortunately I do not own it. But it was one of my favorite stories. I always loved the idea of children running away from the adults and banning together to form a family. This book is also the spark that started my fire for Venice. I still dream of living there one day.
fbstj replied to your post “So if I cosplay vin in full Nobel attire who is gonna be my Elend?”
The nobel prize in chemistry?